SOUNDWATERS, Environmental Education Center, Stamford

The "Holly Houses" consist of two separate buildings. The first dates to 1791. In 1835, John W. Holly constructed a second, two story Georgian house. These two elegant but simple houses make the new home for Sound Waters' - Environmental Education Center. It is a community and educational center with children's and adult programs dedicated to preserving Long Island Sound.

The restoration was completed with great respect for the historic quality of the structures, using sustainable materials and environmental engineering systems. It remains listed on the National Register of historic places.

Next >